Craft Activity: Make A Decorative Wreath
Watch this video with our volunteer Hils demonstrating how to get creative and make a decorative wreath.
Click here to download the activity sheet and instructions to make a decorative wreath or look at the information below:
- Paper plate
- Coloured paper or card to cut shapes out
- Anything else you want to use to decorate your wreath!
- Take a paper plate and cut the middle section out. You might find it easier to draw around the middle section before cutting it out.
- Prepare the shapes you’re going to use for decoration. The example we’ve made is an Autumn wreath which has been decorated with leaf shapes. We have collected real leaves from outside and drawn around them on coloured card to cut out the shapes.
- Start sticking your shapes around the edge of the plate and continue until you have as much decoration as you want.
- If you want to hang your wreath on a wall, make 2 small holes through the top edge of the plate and thread some ribbon through to make a loop.
You can decorate your wreath with anything you like. You could draw and cut shapes out, stick on buttons, beads, sequins and ribbon. Here are some ideas for different themes:
- Valentines Day – heart shapes, flowers.
- Easter – egg shapes, easter animal shapes, e.g. rabbits, lambs, chicks.
- Spring – flowers, leaves, animal shapes.
- Remembrance Day – poppies.
- Christmas – winter leaves, flowers and berries (draw your own), Christmas trees, pine cones.